Special advertorial column in the CURRENT OBSESSION MAGAZINE + PAPER and series of online articles featuring upcoming exhibitions, events, workshops and fairs.
OBSESSED! Jewellery in The Netherlands
Mark November 2017 in your calendar as the hottest jewellery month of the year. A cluster of major jewellery-related events will take place in cultural institutions all over The Netherlands, spanning over the period of 20 days.
Calendar and participants:
– 3 November: opening exhibition 100 jaar Steltman Juwelier,
Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
– 9-12 November: Sieraad Art Jewellery Fair, Westergasfabriek Amsterdam
– 11 November: symposium by Current Obsession +
Stichting Sieraden Collecties Amsterdam
– 12 November: opening exhibition BRON Ruudt Peters, CODA Museum Apeldoorn
Our objective is to showcase work that reinterprets cultural symbols and icons through the use of material, scale, wearability, and interaction. Our goal is to curate work that challenges and “plays” with the viewer’s understanding of what that symbol has come to represent. We are interested in icons and symbols that appear in the commercial jewelry world such as the bow, heart, snakes, crowns, keys and the faceted stone as well as in our everyday lives through emojis and other cultural symbols. We want to see these symbols interpreted from a different viewpoint, providing the viewer/wearer a new lens to interpret and experience icons; challenging the viewers preconditioned definition of what the icon represents.
Curators: Manuela Jimenez and Kendra Pariseault
– Deadline for all Applications: September 1st, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
– Entry Fee: $25.00
– Artists notified of acceptance: September 7th, 2017
– All work must be received by October, 2017
– Exhibition Dates: October 7th – November 30th, 2017
– Opening Receptions: October 7th, 2017
The gallery celebrates its 10th anniversary! The saying ‘time flies’ was never more appropriate. Ten years in which the gallery made 125 exhibitions and participated in 20 art fairs, both in The Netherlands and abroad. Next to that they have organized lots of other things: museum shows, book productions, lectures and special events.
Galerie Rob Koudijs
1016 TV Amsterdam
A play of coloured geometric layers in contrast with the curves of the human body. The white screws connect the bright coloured acrylic layers with the elegant silver necklaces or earrings to a transparent and monumental jewellery line.
See more work by the STUDIO THIER & VAN DAALEN here