INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY CONTEST & EXHIBITION
An international collaboration in which original jewelry objects are transformed and re-interpreted by teams of two. Join a designer you’ve never met before and work together in an experimental project!
Assamblage – The Romanian National Contemporary Jewelry Association launches the international contest “CAMERA LUCIDA”. Supported by AFCN – The Administration of the National Cultural Fund, the project is dedicated to the upcoming commemoration of 100 years since the ending of World War I. Project Outline: Jewelry as a new way of storytelling. Social jewelry and ethic design The contest and the resulting exhibition is a challenge to regard jewelry as a new way to convey meaning, as a metaphor for communication, symbols and language in contemporary design. In a conceptual discourse about the assumption of the common past and cultural identity, a number of 20 designers will be brought together in a collaborative project.
Who can apply?
Contemporary jewelry designers regardless of age, experience and materials used in their work, are eligible to apply. There are no application fees to enter the contest.
NEW DEADLINE 13th of August
Find all information on the Assamblage website
Mark November 2017 in your calendar as the hottest jewellery month of the year. A cluster of major jewellery-related events will take place in cultural institutions all over The Netherlands, spanning over the period of 20 days.
Calendar and participants:
– 3 November: opening exhibition 100 jaar Steltman Juwelier,
Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
– 9-12 November: Sieraad Art Jewellery Fair, Westergasfabriek Amsterdam
– 11 November: symposium by Current Obsession +
Stichting Sieraden Collecties Amsterdam
– 12 November: opening exhibition BRON Ruudt Peters, CODA Museum Apeldoorn
– 15 November: opening symposium Jewellery Matters Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
– 16 & 17 November: symposium Jewellery Matters Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
– 18 November: Francoise van den Bosch award + opening exhibition Marc Monzo,
Stedelijk Museum ‘s-Hertogenbosch
+ several more events to be confirmed…
This is an amazing opportunity for national and international jewellery lovers, collectors, artists and students to discover the lively jewellery scene in The Netherlands.
Initiated by Current Obsession, in collaboration with Stichting Sieraden Collecties
For more information, or do you have an event you want
to add to the programme, please email: email@example.com
More information will follow soon.
Brooklyn Metal Works invites you to apply:
Our objective is to showcase work that reinterprets cultural symbols and icons through the use of material, scale, wearability, and interaction. Our goal is to curate work that challenges and “plays” with the viewer’s understanding of what that symbol has come to represent. We are interested in icons and symbols that appear in the commercial jewelry world such as the bow, heart, snakes, crowns, keys and the faceted stone as well as in our everyday lives through emojis and other cultural symbols. We want to see these symbols interpreted from a different viewpoint, providing the viewer/wearer a new lens to interpret and experience icons; challenging the viewers preconditioned definition of what the icon represents.
Curators: Manuela Jimenez and Kendra Pariseault
– Deadline for all Applications: September 1st, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
– Entry Fee: $25.00
– Artists notified of acceptance: September 7th, 2017
– All work must be received by October, 2017
– Exhibition Dates: October 7th – November 30th, 2017
– Opening Receptions: October 7th, 2017