Series of informal and dynamic conversations
The core of Social Club is community outreach. Our long-term goal is to develop the Social Club into a content generating forum connecting and empowering jewellers and designers. We are actively developing a Social Club template to encourage and support informal dynamic conversations that could take place worldwide, guided by a set of simple rules:
- Social Club events can take the form of a talk/lecture, panel discussion, or a creative breakfast/lunch/dinner. CO is open to other suggestions and ideas that involve the element of refreshments or overlap with a mealtime to make the process both more relaxed and appealing at the same time.
- One host per city, with a goal of widespread geographical representation allowing for breadth as well as refinement in content and ideas to be reviewed by CO.
- The city host is responsible for organisation, marketing, sponsorship, putting together participants and content, as well as possibly finding extra funding for the singular events.
- The content of each talk/session must be documented so that it can be uploaded, presented, and shared on the CO website. We are initially focused on film/audio recordings but hope to also stimulate cross-disciplinary connections with other artists and forms of documentation.
- The participants are not paid (possibly travel costs, depending on capability of host/team). It is important that everyone involved is clear on the voluntary nature of the Club: creating a reciprocal relationship between getting content out there and also gaining content for the CO website.