Mark November 2017 in your calendar as the hottest jewellery month of the year. A cluster of major jewellery-related events will take place in cultural institutions all over The Netherlands, spanning over the period of 20 days.
Calendar and participants:
– 3 November: opening exhibition 100 jaar Steltman Juwelier,
Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
– 9-12 November: Sieraad Art Jewellery Fair, Westergasfabriek Amsterdam
– 11 November: symposium by Current Obsession +
Stichting Sieraden Collecties Amsterdam
– 12 November: opening exhibition BRON Ruudt Peters, CODA Museum Apeldoorn
– 15 November: opening symposium Jewellery Matters Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
– 16 & 17 November: symposium Jewellery Matters Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
– 18 November: Francoise van den Bosch award + opening exhibition Marc Monzo,
Stedelijk Museum ‘s-Hertogenbosch
+ several more events to be confirmed…
This is an amazing opportunity for national and international jewellery lovers, collectors, artists and students to discover the lively jewellery scene in The Netherlands.
Initiated by Current Obsession, in collaboration with Stichting Sieraden Collecties
For more information, or do you have an event you want
to add to the programme, please email: email@example.com
More information will follow soon.
Brooklyn Metal Works invites you to apply:
Our objective is to showcase work that reinterprets cultural symbols and icons through the use of material, scale, wearability, and interaction. Our goal is to curate work that challenges and “plays” with the viewer’s understanding of what that symbol has come to represent. We are interested in icons and symbols that appear in the commercial jewelry world such as the bow, heart, snakes, crowns, keys and the faceted stone as well as in our everyday lives through emojis and other cultural symbols. We want to see these symbols interpreted from a different viewpoint, providing the viewer/wearer a new lens to interpret and experience icons; challenging the viewers preconditioned definition of what the icon represents.
Curators: Manuela Jimenez and Kendra Pariseault
– Deadline for all Applications: September 1st, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
– Entry Fee: $25.00
– Artists notified of acceptance: September 7th, 2017
– All work must be received by October, 2017
– Exhibition Dates: October 7th – November 30th, 2017
– Opening Receptions: October 7th, 2017
22 04 2017 — 10 06 2017
HELEN BRITTON & DAVID BIELANDER Giftbox
The gallery celebrates its 10th anniversary! The saying ‘time flies’ was never more appropriate. Ten years in which the gallery made 125 exhibitions and participated in 20 art fairs, both in The Netherlands and abroad. Next to that they have organized lots of other things: museum shows, book productions, lectures and special events.
Galerie Rob Koudijs
1016 TV Amsterdam