We are born in a society and grow into individuals by adapting to the social rules and common notions. These many rules and notions of our society have created the word „ideal“. We all work towards becoming an „ideal“ being, and so often fear escaping the „ordinary“ or „ideal“.
Fears prevent us from grasping or experiencing many opportunities that we come across in our lives. We lose the abilities to express extraordinary thoughts and ideas. Our lives are bound to become monotonous and dim if our everyday lives continue to be filled with ideals. There comes a point in our lives when we need a kind of deviation.
I have learned many rules in the field of accessories and have felt the fear of escaping the rules and felt the need of kind of deviation myself. So I made an attempt to leave behind the idealism, perfection, and familiarity.
The unique and unordinary behaviors of people were the inspiration for the deviation in my jewellery work.
1. Delirium, Dementia, and Amnesic and Other Cognitive Disorders
– Improper setting
– cutting both stone and metal
– misplacement, misusage: different from the traditional
– improper brazing
– not able to distinguish from front and back, interior and exterior
b. Loss: Losing the original figure: cutting only a part of the stone
2. Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
– concealing and destructing beauty
3. Eating Disorders
– Combination of opposite beauties